AMERICAN BANKER SMALL BUSINESS BANKING CONFERENCE 2014
Les Dinkin, Director, Novantas
Aaron Chestnut, CMO, First Tennessee Bank
Daniela O’Leary-Gill, Head of Personal & Small Business Banking / Chief Community Reinvestment Officer, BMO Harris
Andre Hill, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer, First Niagara Bank, N.A.
With most banks increasing their focus on the small business segment, many are challenged to do more with less in this tough environment. To accelerate their immediate and ongoing sales revenue growth, many banks are adapting proven consumer analytical techniques by leveraging small business revenue models in practical ways to “size the prize.” These revenue models support key strategic and tactical decisions around: SmB segment chalk lines, targeting clients and prospects, deploying specialists & business bankers as well as sales goaling.
Hear how bankers are acting smarter by using more analytically-based approaches in practical ways — to boost their immediate and ongoing sales results:
- Identify high sales headroom markets by sizing and prioritizing the potential revenue prize from both clients (deepening) and prospects (acquisition)
- Deposits, loans, TM and other products
- Businesses and personal customers with business accounts at competitors
- Target the ‘best’ growth opportunities across the footprint: markets, segments and individual businesses
- Structure the right sales force mix among branch/specialists/business bankers and their roles/responsibilities
- Deploy the right numbers of sales resources, in the right places
Set goals based on local market opportunity, including both customers + prospects