Novantas is a FinTech 100 Company that provides analytic solutions and advisory services to top financial institutions all over the globe. Our first-class people, proven solutions and ground-breaking analytics are tackling big data challenges at banks every day.
Novantas is looking for a Mid-Level DevOps engineer who will work side by side with engineering, platform, development and operations teams to improve our build and release infrastructure, automate the various promotion processes that we have internally and manage containerized high availability production environments.
You can expect the following responsibilities:
- Will own and improve our CI/CD process
- Will work on incorporating deployment and automated tests to our CI/CD process
- Will work on building continuous release to CI/CD process
- Will build and own docker containers for various products
- Will build and own Kubernetes container orchestration for various products
- Automate and own production promotion process of Help contents / tableau contents etc.
- Work on code coverage statistics and other improvements to our build process
- Work on introducing best practices to agile JIRA templates
- Unify processes for different products
This is a full-time position and will play a critical role in our continuous build, release and deploy process.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Candidates should have the following background, skills and characteristics:
- Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving and working independently or immersed within teams with no boundaries
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in a production environment
- AWS experience, in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions
- Deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high performance, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem
- Hands on experience with Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Jenkins, JIRA
- Proficient in common storage and messaging technologies (i.e., MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MySql)
- Proficiency with Linux administration/engineering
- Experience working with configuration management systems and deployment automation
- Excellent business communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please apply via LinkedIn and attach your resume, or submit an application through our company website at https://www.novantas.com/career-dashboard/. Novantas currently has offices in New York, Charlotte, Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Australia.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must possess work authorization which does not (and will not in the future) require work sponsorship by an employer.
Please visit www.novantas.com for more information.