Novantas applications are utilized by top banks in the U.S. and globally for analytic decision support. Our products provide advanced but intuitive descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to teams in marketing & distribution, product & pricing, and finance, treasury & risk. Our flagship product, PriceTek, is the leading product management and price optimization platform in the consumer banking industry, with over $3.5trillion dollars under analysis in the U.S. and internationally.
The internal Product Management team is broadly responsible for cultivating and driving the aggressive roadmap of our product suite, ensuring the applications continue to exceed the evolving needs of our clients and the industry at large.
As a Technical Product Management Analyst, you will work directly with the Senior Product Management team, and can expect the following responsibilities:
- Collect product feedback and suggestions and translate these into future product requirements and development plans. Internal teams include, among others:
- Product content experts (Content Product Management team)
- Client Services – Feedback from the team that support’s the application’s large user base
- Industry experts (Advisory team industry leaders, UX designers, etc.)
- Help manage, track, and update the development roadmaps and project plans
- Work with UI, DB and Big Data engineering teams to successfully translate business requirements and specifications into functional products efficiently and quickly
- Create and manage JIRA and agile development routines
- Create and manage backlogs of Epics and User Stories in JIRA
- Participate in Agile development ceremonies
- Leverage BI platforms such as Tableau to create internal and external facing data visualizations
- Closely partner with the QA team to provide guidance on testing and sign off on successful implementations of features
- Assist our technical documentation & content team in developing user guides and client training materials for new application features
- Analyze user data to identify trends and insights that will assist in the creation of product sales and promotional materials
- Assist in market research to identify innovative upgrades and new product solutions
Desired Skills & Expertise
You excel at understanding and communicating complex ideas. You stay on schedule and can handle juggling several different priorities, driving each forward independently. You have a good grasp of future high-level goals and can keep them in mind when determining what to do next. You are a technical thinker and can get in the weeds to understand software technologies to help drive product decisions. You like things to be done right, value efficiency, and are a proactive fixer.
Required background and skills:
- 1-3 years experience in product management or ownership, solutions development, or client services (experience in Retail Banking is a bonus)
- Strong analytical capabilities including the ability to interpret and explain complex systems and ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for data presentation and user experience optimization
- Ability to work independently; demonstrated ability to work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in a technical or quantitative field
- Experience with technologies such as Tableau, JIRA, SQL, Spark, Hadoop, is a bonus
We offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefits package. Novantas currently has offices in New York, Charlotte, Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Australia. All candidates must possess work authorization which does not (and will not in the future) require work sponsorship by an employer. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.